C. JOHN (RARE RUGS) LTD
C John (Rare Rugs) Ltd
For more than 75 years the name of C John has been synonymous with the best woven works of art.
The business’s founder, C John, opened his first showroom in Henley-on-Thames in 1936. Two years later he obtained larger premises in the High Street, Oxford. Then in 1947 the Mayfair showrooms were established in elegant premises at 70 South Audley Street.
In 2015, the gallery moved to a new modern space further down South Audley Street, however in view of the change in purchasing trends, the new decade has brought further change for C. John. On the last day of 2019, we vacated our premises on South Audley Street in Mayfair. Where one door closes, another window opens and at C. John, we recognise our clients favour accessing our collection and services via our online gallery.
In 1966 C John received the accolade of being appointed as supplier of carpets to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the first in this field to receive the Royal Warrant.
Contact: Leon Sassoon
+44 (0)207 493 5288